Pacific Education Foundation seeks board members
(Picture caption: University of Auckland Pacific students. CREDIT University of Auckland.)
The Pacific Education Foundation (PEF) is seeking applications from the public to become a board member.
Applications are now open for the five positions, and they close on April 9.
The new board members would serve a term of three years, with the possibility of reappointment.
PEF promotes and encourages the better education of Pasifika students and provides financial assistance for that purpose.
The foundation provides scholarships to Pasifika students enrolled in tertiary study in New Zealand, and it is seeking to appoint a well-rounded board who have the necessary Pasifika background, experience, skills and expertise to carry out the functions of the board.
As a PEF board member, you will:
- have some understanding of board governance systems, structures and procedures;
- have an interest in and understanding of Pasifika education;
- be forward thinking, embrace innovation and be receptive to new ideas;
- have strategic thinking skills, or a willingness to ask challenging questions and analyse information;
- have good communication and relationship skills and work effectively in a team;
- have good organisational skills and the time to commit to the task.
Visit PEF for more information on how to apply.