Coordinator, PESS Initiative
2 year Fixed Term Opportunity - Auckland
Bula Vinaka, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Fakatalofa atu, Kia orana, Mālō e lelei, Mālō nī, Talofa lava, Tēnā koutou katoa and warm pacific greetings!
Right now, at The Ministry for Pacific Peoples, there’s a new vision and momentum to deliver for our Pacific communities. The agency has established a range of positions supporting an initiative assisting Pacific people to achieve sustainable employment and undertake further training to increase their skills and qualifications in the regions.
We have an exciting fixed term opportunity for someone to be their new Coordinator on the PESS Initiative being delivered throughout Aotearoa, based in Auckland.
You will be interacting and supporting effective project implementation from planning to delivery. Primary responsibilities will revolve around the administrative management and coordination of the programme as well as upholding the flow of work and supporting key deadlines that need to be met.
You will have strong coordination and stakeholder management skills as well as be an expert multi-tasker with experience in projects and work-streams as well as providing day to day operational and administrative support to the Manager and regional teams.
The successful candidate should have:
- 3-5 years project coordinator experience
- Project experience including monthly reports and reconciliations, budgeting and management of key registers
- Expenses and travel management
- Strong stakeholder relationship skills
- High standards of documentation, excellent attention to detail
- Minute taking and diary management
- Coordination of assigned programme deliverables
- Experience with databases and content management
- Strong competence in working with Pacific communities with fluency in a Pacific language an advantage
- A relevant tertiary qualification and/or excellent project coordination experience.
Whether you’ve held a similar role before, or you’re someone looking for the next challenge in your career and are feeling ready to step up, then we want to hear from you!
The Ministry is a growing organisation seeking professionals with a strong sense of community and a passion for relationships. A service ethos is paramount and is an understanding of family and a collaborative caring work environment.
For more information about what it’s like to work at MPP and for a copy of the position description please go to https://www.madison.co.nz/ms/ministry-for-pacific-peoples