Senior Advisor Capability, PESS Initiative
Fixed Term 6 Month Opportunity - Based at one of our regional Offices
Bula Vinaka, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Fakatalofa atu, Kia orana, Mālō e lelei, Mālō nī, Talofa lava, Tēnā koutou katoa and warm pacific greetings!
Right now, at The Ministry for Pacific Peoples, there’s a new vision and momentum to deliver for our Pacific communities. The agency has established a range of positions supporting an initiative assisting Pacific people to achieve sustainable employment and undertake further training to increase their skills and qualifications in the regions.
We have an exciting 6 month fixed term opportunity at one of our regional offices for a Senior Advisor Capability to develop, deliver and advise on programme content and delivery standard within the PESS Initiative. Some of your responsibilities will be to design, develop and deliver 1:1 and group training sessions, manage online learning channels, update mapping documentation and develop training needs analysis.
You will be an experienced learning, development and training professional, with a strong understanding of the employment and education frameworks in New Zealand. There will be opportunities to travel to the regions and be involved in the event management side of things. You will be encouraged to bring your fresh ideas to this growing ministry.
Specific experience necessary for the position includes:
- Tertiary qualification in a related field (e.g. Education, Adult Learning and Development, Psychology and related disciplines)
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working with learning and/or training frameworks and programmes
- Experience with adult capability development programmes
- Proven adult facilitation and/or training skills – experience in remote training an advantage
- Proven experience in working autonomously and building capability across a diverse geographic region
- Strong competence in working with Pacific communities with fluency in a Pacific language an advantage
- Full driver’s license (preferable)
Whether you’ve held a similar role before, or you’re someone looking for the next challenge in your career and are feeling ready to step up, then we want to hear from you!
The Ministry is a growing organisation seeking professionals with a strong sense of community and a passion for relationships. A service ethos is paramount and is an understanding of family and a collaborative caring work environment.
For more information about what it’s like to work at MPP and for a copy of the position description please go to https://www.madison.co.nz/ms/ministry-for-pacific-peoples