Senior Policy Advisor
Senior Policy Advisor, National Office
- Wellington CBD location
- Full time, Permanent
The Ministry for Pacific Peoples is the Crown’s principal advisor on policies and interventions that impact on better outcomes for Pacific Peoples in New Zealand. We have exciting and challenging opportunities for you to join our policy team. If you are results driven and have a passion for enabling better outcomes for Pacific Communities in New Zealand, then we want to hear from you.
The position of Senior Policy Advisor will be accountable to the National Policy Manager and you will be responsible for providing robust policy analysis and reporting.
You will be involved in the development and preparation of a range of policy briefings and reports and will also be experienced in creating innovative solutions to meeting our priorities and policy objectives.
As a member of our team you will need to be future focussed, self-motivated and a team player. You will also be digitally literate, proactive and have an understanding of Pacific culture.
To be successful, it is imperative that you will have:
- Strong analytical skills for analysing information provided by our regional staff
- The ability to effectively communicate complex issues and concepts
- Demonstrable understanding of policy formulation and frameworks
- Excellent relationship building skills for working collaboratively across a wide range of groups and at all levels in an organisation.
As a Senior Policy Advisor, you will have the opportunity to:
- Lead the provision of high quality advice on Policy strategies that relate to Pacific People in New Zealand
- Build your professional skills, knowledge and expertise across a wide range of policy areas
- Be part of a small, energetic team, focussed on delivering outstanding service, and
- Work collaboratively with our team and with partner agencies.
Being a part of our team means having a real opportunity to make a difference to the lives of Pacific Peoples in New Zealand. You will work with other committed and innovative people in a collaborative and agile environment.
For further information about the position please contact Damien Werahiko, HR Advisor, on Damien.Werahiko@mpp.govt.nz.
Applications close 5.00 pm, Sunday 25 March 2018.