Young people eligible to apply for the Awards:
- Are aged 17-24 years of age at the time applications are called for.
- With the exception of the Pacific Cooperation Foundation Award, applicants are New Zealand residents of Pacific descent and can demonstrate that they are involved in the Pacific community.
- Show integrity and have recent character references from two independent referees of appropriate standing (e.g. a minister, school teacher, youth worker etc).
- Have achieved significant success in one of the Award areas in the last 12 months (applicants may only apply for one category).
Please note that shortlisted applicants will be required to undertake a police check. Their permission will be sought should this be required.
Criteria for Leadership and Inspiration Award
- Please note an itinerary will be drafted to suit the winner.
- Timing and availability will determine which leaders the winner meets during his or her visit.
- Successful applicants must meet the general criteria.
- The trip must be undertaken in the first half of 2020.
Criteria for Community Star Award
Successful applicants must meet the general criteria and must also be:
- Living or have organised their own place of residence in Auckland over the term of the internship.
- A driver’s license is desirable but not compulsory.
Criteria for Creative New Zealand and Massey University - Arts and Creativity Award
Successful applicants must meet the general criteria and must also:
- Submit a portfolio to reflect an arts and creativity project they have been working on over the last 12 months.
Criteria for Deloitte - Commercial and Corporate Award
Successful applicants must meet the general criteria and will:
- Demonstrate involvement in a family business, small business, start-up, or community based enterprise which requires the use of commercial or entrepreneurial qualities to support the success of the business or activity.
- Be at University studying towards a relevant discipline. An example of this could be economics, commerce, finance, accounting, business studies, engineering, mathematics, technology, law or management.
- Be highly motivated with a desire to gain experience and skills in a professional services firm.
- Have the legal right to work in New Zealand.
Criteria for Pacific Cooperation Foundation – International Scholar Award
Successful applicants must meet the general criteria and also be:
- A current recipient of the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade Scholarship.
- A winner of this year’s Top Pacific Scholar Award or equivalent that is awarded annually by a New Zealand institution involved with the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade Scholarship.